Not really. Not now, anyway.
Having said that, we've already done a home study before which included an application and autobiography that totalled 50 typed pages (single spaced) followed by hours and hours of interviews. I was happy to work through that last time.
The degree of difficulty this time is that we have to write for a different "audience." Last time it was for the social worker. This time it's for the birth mother/family. So even the material that might be able to be re-used, still has to be re-worked, and edited. And the even bigger degree of difficulty is a 26 pound bundle of energy that would prefer to not see her mother in front of the computer. I can't say that I blame her.
Oh, and in the email our adoption worker sent, she reminded us that interviews were next after we turned in Section IV. We did know that. What we didn't know was that after interviews, there are THREE more sections to complete. Ugh. But the supposed good news is that we didn't have to complete those sections individually....it would be completedboth of us together. Any idea who might be spear-heading that little endeavor? Yep. Oh well. One step closer to the GREAT WAIT.

Just wondered if you would share the agency you are using this time. I'm always interested to check out other agencies and read about their processes!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this round!